Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Mommy Diaries - Date Nights

Hello my Gorgeous girls,

Do you ever take part in scheduled date nights?


Romance......
Does it really exist? I often hear people/my clients/my friends, talking about date nights. It is sad that we have to schedule time nowadays to spend with our partners, but obviously in this day and age it is the way to go. I thought I would do some research, so I typed it in to google and I don't know if it is just me but I was surprised at the amount of sites there were suggesting ideas for a "fabulous date" with your partner.I think I am going to try it....... I will give it to my hubby on fathers day, so I had better start working on it now.
In any serious relationship between a man and a woman, love and romance always comes into the picture like two peas in a pod. Most people always associate love with romance or the other way around. But can love exist without romance or can romance exist without love?So when love and romance is brought into a relationship, it blends into a long lasting and excitingly intense dreamy feeling of attraction directed to another person without limits.romance is then a must in any relationship to keep it alive. 

I saw an idea (a fabulous idea) where a basket was put together holding 12 envelopes.  Each envelope is labeled with a month of the year. Each envelope then contains a pre-planned, (mostly) pre-paid date for me and my hubby, what a fantastic gift!  Some of the dates will take place at home, some are planned for locally, and some will take us further.  All 12 dates will be different. Some of them will be things  we have never done before, but always wanted to.
The plan is to open the envelope together at the beginning of the month, look at the calendar and decide on a date.  So right from the beginning of the month, we'll have a fun date to look forward to.
Here are some ideas I am thinking of adding to the basket:
Free Concerts Check your local paper or its website for upcoming free concerts. For shows in the park, pack a picnic basket and blanket so you can dance and dine in the same place.
Camping Roughing it can be fun…and c’mon, it’s only 48 hours. Pack a sleeping bag for two, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate for s’mores, and get out of town for the weekend. Give the BlackBerry some well-deserved time off!
Day Spa Treat yourselves to a day of double relaxation. You can book almost any spa treatment together (hello, hot stone massage!). Want a recession-proof spa day? Here’s how to get a steamy massage going at home.
Movie Night Rent a movie, make some popcorn and get cosy on the couch with a blanket and a bottle of wine
Picnic Pick a beautiful Day, pack a picnic and chill on a blanket, just taking in nature and the scenery.
Movies Indoor or outdoor, take a night out at the movies, maybe with dinner included at a favourite restaurant.
Dinner at home Pick up the ingredients you need to create a fabulous meal at the grocery store and then return home and cook it together.

Sunset Pack some cheese, crackers, and grapes and your favorite old quilt and have a picnic on the lawn, sit on the roof and watch the sunset together.

These are just some ideas I have come up with but I need more if I am to do the twelve months of the year....... I am working on it xx A

2 comments:

  1. It's a great idea and I think it works too. When our 3 boys were younger,my husband and I had set date nights. Now they are older (youngest being 14) we have more flexibility,but we still make time for each other.
    I believe it has a positive example to our boys. We must be doing something right as we will be married for 20 years next Feb!
    Best wishes for your dates. jojo3b :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jo, yes I thinks so too I think, its just about finding the time to arrange the dates ha ha xx I forgot to add on the bottom "baby sitter is a must" congrats on 20 years, its quite a milestone nowadays x and yes its definately a good example to the children you are sooo right x I will up date how t goes xx A

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!