Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whats your baby name?


This must always be a "hot" topic, because I was just reading a A Cup of Jo and Joanna's Motherhood Monday back in April was also about baby names.

Whats in a Baby name? why did you choose the name you chose?? it's funny how we are all so opinionated when it comes to a name, it has to be spelt the right way, nobody can copy it (God forbid), and its always the secret that most of us guard with our life.

We have all known a terrible child with a certain name and say " ooh i couldn't name my baby that cause that child in daycare was called that and he wasn't nice" or " it reminds me of such in suchs  name and she's annoying etc etc

I think I made the ultimate boo boo the other day at work when i unthoughtfully blurted out to a client that people shouldn't use weird spellings for their baby names, the name in question just so happened to be the chosen baby name and spelling of my very pregnant staff member oops sorry Beck! that's almost as bad as the "when are you due?" deadly drop yourself in it question, when the person isn't even expecting! Anyway who says who is right and who is wrong, its a personal choice and each choice is personal to the person who chooses it.

Anyway I think she forgave me, I learnt my lesson and ate humble pie, and it definitely called  for an extra special baby shower gift don't you think?

BUT on the other hand, in today's paper was an article (read more) relating to names that have been refused by the register of Births, Deaths and Marriages in New Zealand because some parents have been becoming "too creative"(to say the least), I mean seriously what do you think of King, Knight, Megatron or 89? I mean each to their own........ come on!

I found  a great website of unique baby names for 2011, every name in the world is there, weird and not so weird, spelt right and spelt wrong, new and old have a look and see what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!