Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Who is coming to dinner?


Hello to you all my lovely ladies
Do you ever ponder the question of who you would have to dinner if you could invite anybody. I must be pretty sad, because this question comes up in my mind often. My latest obsession is JK Rowling, she is definitely number 1 on my dinner party list. I seriously need to pick her brains on how, why, where and exactly when the Harry Potter phenomenon popped into her mind, I mean did it hit her on the head like a sledge hammer or did it take her years of pondering over to put together this amazingly intricate story.

My next two guests are (or were) a couple, Sir Paul and his gorgeous wife Linda McCartney (footnote: these people don't have to be alive, remember its only my imagination). Paul is such an amazingly talented and "nice"man, I would love to discuss music with this legend. Linda on the other hand was the woman behind the magic, she was a wonderful example of how women should be Strong, a dedicated mother, wife, author, cook, photographer, avid animal rights activist and vegetarian..... the list goes on, and they always seemed to be so in love. I cried when Linda died back in 1999, sadly she was taken far before her time.



Don't laugh, my next guest is Prince Charles (yes, don't think I cant hear the snigger's). I don't know why, come on, I just like him. I feel he has been given such a raw deal over the years and would love to have a discussion with him about his life within the spotlight of the Royal Family.



My next has to be my old favourite Bono (my idol), don't you think he would create such a great ambiance around the dinner table? he can be both serious and have a fabulous sense of humour,, he does tireless charity work (mind you politics wouldn't be allowed to be mentioned because he is known to rant). But boy has he been around and must have some fabulous stories to tell.


I think I need to throw an Aussie in the mix, so my latest obsession is Mia Freedman, I seem to be following her everywhere, blog, facebook, twitter, TV, you name it, she is so full of useful information and is such an inspiration, I am absorbing her like a sponge at the mo, plus I think she would really appreciate this group of people too.




Lastly I would invite my hubby, why wouldn't I want to share such an amazing guest list with him, after all we are married, and he has been by my side through every up and down and unconditionally supports everything I do (including my new blogging obsession) He would probably rather clean out his sock drawer though, but its the thought that counts.

So what do you think?

Who would you invite to dinner if you could?? I would love some feedback on this so I am not the only mad person on earth with too much time on my hands.


Oh and PS if someone doesn't show I would replace them with Al Pacino...... just because he is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!