Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Clarence Bears and CleftPALS


Hi Ladies,
I have recently become an active member of CleftPALS.

CleftPALS – the Cleft Palate and Lip Society – has been helping families whose baby was born with a cleft for more than 30 years... Because the Sharing Helps!! 

After Imogen was born with a full cleft palate and going through what we did , I have wanted to support others in the way i felt i needed support, so I have decided to help out by being a support parent and with the "Clarence Bears"

A Clarence is given to every baby born with a cleft lip or palate whilst still in hospital. Imogen loved hers so much and while i was going to post photos of what he looks like now (rather loved), i realised i had given him to my mum to figure out a pattern.

My mum has so kindly offered to knit the Clarence's for the society, around 60 a year so we are on a mission to find wool and stuffing. I finally feel by being a contact/support parent I can give something back and I can offer some light at the end of the tunnel for these families.
One day old being tube fed

Imogen just before surgery to repair her palate

With Clarence, very loved


One day after surgery, arm races to stop little fingers going into the mouth.

2 weeks later, she was amazing xxx I love her to bits


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!