Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Recipe!

IMG_6101


My post on Saturdays is always the yummiest recipe i can find, it doesn't mean i have always made them, but it definitely means i will make them....... and i hope you will too!

Hi Hat Cupcakes


I have been fascinated with this recipe since I saw it, It reminds me of mister whippy on a hot summers day. I remembered seeing it on Martha Stewart.com I cant take credit for the photos here though I would love to, she did an        amazing job.
Chopped chocolate. The perfect way to start. I really liked this cupcake recipe. It’s great for any kind of cupcakes.
IMG_5973
But even better with this frosting. I used a disposable piping bag with a large opening.
IMG_5989
If I had paid attention to the directions beforehand I don’t know if I would have been as eager to get started.
What a mission, this is when you wish you never started........eek!
After about 12 minutes… I was over holding the hand mixer.
So I hoped for the best and piped it on the cupcakes… as tall as I could get it.
IMG_6111
The cupcakes went in the freezer while the dipping chocolate was prepared.
IMG_6024
One bag of milk chocolate. I use the choc chips.
IMG_6066
And melted them in the microwave with three tablespoons of vegetable oil. Yum.
Melt them on medium-low in 30 second intervals and stir in between until melted and smooth.
Then wait a few minutes to make sure the chocolate isn’t hot.
Now, take a deep breath and grab one of the cupcakes from the freezer.
Turn it upside down and slowly submerge the entire top in melted chocolate.
Okay, here goes…
IMG_6085
IMG_6088
More…
IMG_6091 and lift it out.
IMG_6098
Holy cupcakes… it worked.
IMG_6101
It totally completely worked.
And it’s beautiful.
IMG_6103
Use a toothpick to touch up any spots at the base of the cupcake that may not have been covered… controlling your excitement…
And then go again.
IMG_6140
And again…
And again.
IMG_6153
IMG_6193
Place the dipped cupcakes in the freezer for a few minutes to let the chocolate harden and then refrigerate until ready to eat.
IMG_6209
I’m still amazed.
Don’t be afraid to make some.

footnote: Mine didn't look quite as good as these, but they were easier than i thought they would be they look amazing don't they?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!