Monday, May 23, 2011

The Best and the Worst!

Happy Monday Girls,

Are you turning into your mum??

Kate Hudson and Rumour Willis have both showed the same flair for acting as their mums,. We all love to think we are unique, but we do need to take some of the things our mums have installed in us, cherish them, and pass them on. check out some shots of celebrity mother and daughter lookalikes.......... spooky!

I find myself more often than not sounding spookily like my mum, " Eat your veges they are good for you, "eat your crusts and your hair will go curly" and "if you make that face the wind will change and you will stay like it " ha ha the list goes on and on.

The one i found myself saying last night was " If your too full to eat your dinner then you are too full for dessert". I don't think this kind of advice will hurt my children, but over the years have acknowledged that you have to be very careful what you say in regards to food. My parents have spent their lives on yo yo diets ( funnily enough they arn't even over weight ), but every time i see them without fail they are "being good". I have therefore banned the word "diet" from our house and the word "fat" and have told my mum on numerous occasions she is not allowed to talk diet in front of the kids , we all know that alot of eating disorders are caused through low self esteem.
When talking to your kids try to remember what you hated as younger one. Make sure you allow tour children to handle challenges and responsibilities, but always let them know you are there if they need help and when it comes to your mum always remember to focus on all the special gifts she installed in you, and cherish them!

Read on for more on Self Esteem





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your what you have to say, but only nice comments please or I may cry!